If you don’t know how to promote your YouTube channel for free, then this article will help you. So why do you need to promote your YouTube channel? Nowadays, Youtube has gradually become a popular platform for most people. Therefore, many people decide to become influencers or content creators to earn a living. To learn more with AdsCanHelp learn below.
Best paid YouTube promotion | Increase Organic & Legit
- 1. Create valuable content
- 2. Choose Google-friendly keywords
- 3. Figure out what your audience wants
- 4. Write an engaging concise, descriptive title
- 5. Optimize your videos for visibility
- 6. Create custom thumbnails
- 7. Fill out your profile
- 8. Optimize your descriptions
- 9. Offer real value to the audience
- 10. Create High-quality videos
- 11. Interact with the YouTube community
- 12. Try live streaming
- 13. Run a contest or giveaway
- 14. Be unconventional!
- 15. Use Hashtags
- 16. Try a Q&A
- 17. Create a Series
- 18. Collaborate with other Creators and Brands
- 19. Make Playlists
- 20. Increase engagement with Calls To Action
- 21. Publish your YouTube channel to social media
1. Create valuable content
Content is now very important to YouTubers as they strive to capture users’ attention and keep them engaged and updated as quickly as possible. Content marketing has become a common word among marketers, and audiences naturally have plenty of content and resources to share. Effective content marketing will increase engagement with current and future members and increase credibility and trust in the industry.
However, quality content takes time and resources, and ultimately managers are looking for a return on that investment. Here are five essential elements to produce, distribute and promote valuable content that helps promote your youtube channel for free:
- Target the needs of your audience: The first step to creating an effective content marketing strategy is to understand your audience’s challenges. What unique insights, tips, and information can your organization provide to solve its problems? Furthermore, what channels are most effective in reaching this group? Segmenting your content’s audience and its distribution channels (blogs, social media, newsletters) provides an opportunity to truly optimize performance by closely monitoring engagement and editing. Change strategy if necessary.
- Be honest: It’s no secret that people want honest and practical content. Even if your primary goal is to promote thought leadership in your organization, you’re still at risk of reputation if you provide reliable non-independent content. It must also be true to the voice of your association. Authentic storytelling can be the best way to capture and maintain your audience’s attention.
- Be consistent: A content strategy requires real commitment. While it should be authentic, it should also serve as a common point of contact that reinforces your video’s unique value proposition. According to Forrester, creating a consistent experience across all brand touchpoints is a major risk factor. And as you begin to execute your strategy, providing consistent content is essential to stay in the spotlight and strengthen your brand and industry.
- Integrated: Writing an announcement post, putting it on the Internet and hoping that someone will come across it is not enough. Integration is key. Your original content conveys live video and has greater impact if integrated.
- Check and try again: The beauty of digital media is the ability to access information on demand. You can track exactly what content and stories are driving traffic and engagement.
2. Choose Google-friendly keywords
How to grow YouTube channel from 0? SEO is the way for users to easily find a YouTube channel of you, and videos also. To better your SEO, you should understand thoroughly the needs of users or what they are searching for the most. You can spend a little money on tools, but it is still a very practical fee, so this is still a cheap Youtube promotion way.
Here are some tips on how to promote your YouTube channel:
- Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to identify some hot keywords.
- Choose an option to Google.
- Find out whether videos or written content is a hot search by scanning each keyword’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- Slightly change your keyword and try again. Add “How to” or “Tutorial” if you have difficulty finding video results.
- Choose a keyword that not only helps you find videos easily but also matches your content.
3. Figure out what your audience wants
You should make sure your content will suit your audience’s wants. You must start knowing your audience and having a deep understanding of their needs. You better analyze other creator videos to determine what type of video interests the audience the most. How to grow your youtube channel without understanding your audience? That is impossible.
If you have some videos posted, you can examine your Youtube Analytics. Besides, thanks to Youtube Videos Report, you can understand your videos’ short-term and long-term influence.
4. Write an engaging concise, descriptive title
Whenever finding content, the audience will see the title first. Therefore, if your title is concise and enticing, it might encourage the audience to click it.
Here is how to promote your YouTube channel for free through descriptive titles:
- Make it short and attractive. Short titles with less than 60 characters will possibly make your videos viral.
- Add your keywords to the first half of your title. Because most watchers likely read some first words of your title and ignore the rest.
- Don’t confuse interest with clickbait. Clickbait can make your channel enticing for a short time, but it will destroy your reputation for a long time.
You may also like: How many subscribers do you need to make money on youtube?
5. Optimize your videos for visibility
“How do I effectively promote my youtube channel?”. That’s what you’re still wondering, so have you tried optimizing your videos in terms of visibility for viewers?
Your videos also need optimized keywords or tags, just like other kinds of content and blog posts.
To promote your video on Youtube, you should follow these tips and increase the chances of suggesting:
- Title and description: you should try adding keywords in the title and description.
- Mention your target keywords in the video: it can help the platform understand your video more thoroughly.
- Engagement: Youtube uses likes, comments, and subscribes to find the rank of your product in the search results.
- Categories: It can help the platform determine suitable audiences for your videos.
- Tags: these tags can give Youtube a brief context of your product. You also can add channel tags.
6. Create custom thumbnails
Thumbnails are even more important than titles because people will likely be more attracted to visuals than words. So it would be best if you designed a vivid and catchy thumbnail. Thumbnail is also a way for your videos to get more views on YouTube.
And here are how to boost your youtube channel with thumbnails:
- Use 1280 x 720 px.
- Format: .PNG, .JPG, .GIF, etc.
- Size: 2MB.
- Choose high-contrast images.
- Add text and color.
- Use close-up photographs.
- Attach a link or the stock of the images.
7. Fill out your profile
A persuasive profile is a must-have step in growing your Youtube channel and boosting your SEO. Many people will not notice these pieces of information, but YouTube always pays attention to these pieces of your channel information and will judge whether your channel is complete or trustworthy. And that’s how to promote your YouTube channel free with only your information.
Let’s follow some practices for a compelling profile:
- Be consistent. Make sure you use the same writing style and color palette in your channel or other websites to create an impression on the audience.
- Optimize the description. This is a great chance to add the target keywords.
- Make the viewer come back to you. To do this, you can post a regular schedule, then stick to it to let them know when you will update a new video.
- Add contact information. It will be easy for anyone who wants to cooperate with you to contact you. Or you can add featured channels on YouTube of yours.
8. Optimize your descriptions
Here are some tips for writing an effective description for every kind of video:
- Insert the target keywords in the title and description.
- Obey the 5000- character limit.
- Make a “content page” including a YouTube timestamp for your video.
- Add links to related playlists.
- Add some related hashtags, and ensure you stick to the hashtagging rules.
9. Offer real value to the audience
Great content can offer the audience real value, make them come back to watch your videos, and help your video rank well. Before you create content, wonder:
- This video will solve what kind of problems?
- Is it funny?
- Does it help viewers to improve their life?
10. Create High-quality videos
Poor quality can undermine your video even though the content is great. Therefore, ensure that you create a high-quality video before posting it. Using a decent camera and having a soundcheck before recording.
You may also like: What is the best time to post youtube videos? What you should know!
11. Interact with the YouTube community
In the past, letting users know about your channel using YouTube promotion services, but now a great way to drive viewers to engage, subscribe or update your other content is to ask call to action. Users usually engage with their subscribers or viewers through comments or likes.
It helps them boost the connection between them and viewers. It is an effective way to attract the audience to visit your channel.
12. Try live streaming
Nowadays, celebrities usually stream live videos to interact with their fans, making it a hot trend.
Besides, apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube gradually stream live videos. Some examples for using it to stream:
- Live tutorial.
13. Run a contest or giveaway
People will usually be fascinated by giveaways. Therefore, you should host a contest or giveaway to attract the audience.
You can promote your channel in this way. For example, viewers must like, comment, and subscribe to your channel to enter the contest or giveaway.
Here are some practices for running a contest or giveaway on Youtube:
- Stick to Youtube’s policies.
- Choose a gift in terms of your current brand.
However, you should have a break time between contests if you have financial problems or time.
14. Be unconventional!
The more special your video is, the more viral it becomes. This is an effective tip on how to promote a Youtube channel for free.
Viewers will easily be intrigued by your unconventional videos because they haven’t watched them before; it creates a great curiosity for users.
Like other platforms, Youtube allows you to use hashtags to categorize your video, making it easier for viewers to search your video.
Create branded hashtags by adding the hashtag symbol “#” before a word or phrase to help your audience directly to your video contents.
16. Try a Q&A
It’s not exaggerated to say Q&A is one of the most effective ways to engage with online communities.
You can ask your subscribers to send questions via comment, mail, or other social media, then make a video to address all of them. It can help you appeal to more audiences to your channel.
17. Create a Series
Post a video on a schedule to make your viewers visit the channel many times. You can choose a catchy or sensational name for your video series.
Customize consistent thumbnails to make people remember your series well and look forward to each of your videos.
18. Collaborate with other Creators and Brands
Collaborating with other creators and brands is a good way to expand the audience range.
New audiences will start subscribing to your channel because you collaborate with their familiar creators. Besides, it will make your brand more authentic and viral.
19. Make Playlists
Video playlists will lead viewers to watch more of your content because the next one will start immediately when this video ends. These videos will likely appear in the suggested videos on the platform. How to promote a YouTube channel for free? This is the way but, of course, you have to do it yourself.
There are two ways to create a useful playlist:
- Group your current videos under a popular theme on your page.
- Accumulate related videos from your partners or influencers.
20. Increase engagement with Calls To Action
Call To Action is also a great way to drive viewers to engage, subscribe, or stay on top of your other content. The viewer’s behavior through the Call To Action buttons is also considered a way how to promote your youtube channel.
There are many free ways to add calls to action to your videos:
- Direct host-mention: You can look at the camera and talk directly to your audience.
- Video descriptions: Ask the viewers to like, comment or subscribe to your channel in it.
- End cards/screens: Insert some screenshots to your videos’ beginning, middle, or end.
Try to reach audiences out of this platform to build a community around it. Try to incorporate your videos into other social media platforms. Social media is very evolved, take advantage of it to promote your video on YouTube, then your channel will also be known. How to promote your YouTube channel for free without social media? It’s almost impossible, it will be very difficult, I mean extremely difficult.
There are many ways to publish your Youtube channel without posting the same message. Here are some common ideas for you:
21.1 Social media
For each social media platform, you should use different strategies. Make sure that your brand’s look is consistent on every social media platform and use different captions for each time you post it.
Ways to promote your YouTube channel through a blog? The answer is simple, through embedded video. Embed videos in the post on your blog. It will increase the view of your blog post and your Youtube channel. Also, you can use your blog to generate new topics for your next video content.
21.3 Email marketing
Email is effective all the time. You can give your subscribers a heads up when you post a new video to increase views. You can also insert a short link under your email signature to gain more subscribers.
They are the most effective tips on How to promote your YouTube channel for free. Thanks to these suggestions, AdsCanHelp hope you can accumulate more new things and have a thorough understanding of this platform. Thank you, and we will see you soon!