You don’t know how to add channel tags, the sequence of steps to follow, and what content to pay attention to? You want to make your videos known to more people, like famous YouTubers. You hear many people share that tags are an extremely important factor affecting the popularity of videos.
Your questions will be answered in detail in the article step by step. Let’s find out with us!
Best YouTube promotion services – Increase real YouTube channel growth
- 1 What are YouTube tags?
- 2 Why are tags important?
- 3 How to add tags on Youtube channel
- 4 How to add tags to YouTube video on a computer
- 5 How to add tags on Youtube mobile
- 6 The 3 most important factors in YouTube channel tag
- 7 Finding the right tags for your YouTube channel
- 8 Tips for tagging YouTube channels
YouTube tags are also known as video tags by everyone. These are words and phrases added to the description by the video sharer that represent part of the video’s content. It helps to categorize videos so that you can find videos more easily. Besides, it is also a factor that can make you achieve high rankings on the search bar, a way to connect to YouTube free promotion.
You may also like: How much does the YouTube channel cost in 2022?
When you have a YouTube tag, finding and capturing content, the context of your videos will become easier.
YouTube’s algorithm programs can understand and classify content according to search terms. Thereby helping to link users to similar content, expanding the video’s reach. From there, your clip attracts more attention. This can also be considered as a way to promote YouTube channel free.
In case you misspelled the clip title name, this is where it comes into play. You don’t have to rename it again, but your video is still recommended.
One more small important thing is that this tag can help you store your moments.
We will show you how to add tags to your YouTube channel with the above important things.
To add it to your YouTube channel, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit YouTube’s website and log in to your account.
- Click on your username, and then select My Channel.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Information and settings.
- Enter the tag keyword you want in the Tag field, separating the tags with a comma.
Here, AdsCanHelp will introduce to you the movie tags:
Example: Movies, Action Movies, Actors
You can capitalize or lowercase this content, but you need to pay attention to correct spelling.
- Click Finish editing to save the actions you just made and complete the process of adding them.
This section will show you how to add video tags on your computer to make it easier for your videos to be found through the search bar. You can follow these steps:
1. Visit the website https://www.youtube.com/. And then proceed to log in to your account if you are not already logged in.
2. Select your Profile icon in the right corner of the screen.
3. In the drop-down menu, click “Your channel”.
4. Select the “Customize Channel” icon. After clicking this button will display your settings.
5. On the Home page, click the blue Upload Video link. This step helps you to upload a videos to YouTube.
6. Click the File Upload icon. Doing this will display the files on your computer for you to choose from.
7. Choose the video you want to upload. Click on the video and click Open on the right side of the screen.
8. Click the Next.
9. Click on the tags box and enter the keywords you want.
Note: When you put it on its content, it will help YouTube categorize on the search engine bar following viewers. Therefore, you need to place the correct content to make them easier to access.
10. Enter the title and add content to the video description.
11. Click the Done box and finish the process. The crab clip will be uploaded.
For more information on how to do it on the phone, please refer to the section below.
You may also like: How to make your YouTube channel public
After you know how to add tags on your computer, you must be curious to know how to add them on your phone. Let’s explore with us!
You need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the phone and select the YouTube application. This App has a red background and a small white triangle in the middle. Then proceed to log in to your account.
- Step 2: Click on your Profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Select My Channel.
- Step 4: Select the Video tab on the toolbar.
- Step 5: Select the Add icon with 3 dots to the right of the video you want to add. Then there will be a menu with options to perform the action you want.
- Step 6: Click on Edit.
- Step 7: Enter the content of the appropriate keywords in the tags box.
- Step 8: Select the Save process in the right corner of the screen. Finish the process. At this point, your video already has the tags you entered in the step above.
In general, the way to do it on phones and computers has no difference in the complexity of the operation, and there are many similarities in common.
The 3 most important factors in YouTube channel tag
Tagging a channel on YouTube can help you reach a wider audience. But not by putting everything in your channel tag. You may be considered spam by YouTube if you include too many channel tags or tags that are not related to your channel.
There are 3 things that I think you will always want to keep in mind when tagging channels on YouTube.
- Relevance: This is very important. Add tags related to your channel’s content. At the same time, it helps you reach the right people and niche markets.
- Popularity: There are many different tags but all aim for the same content. So pick out which tags are popular and well known.
- Versatility: The last factor and often overlooked by a lot of people. This is also very difficult to say specifically. Think of it this way, don’t let your tags be unrelated, or contradictory (like fast food and healthy eating, for example). You can also use supplementary tags for the main tag.
What are the correct tags like? How to find the right tags?
The right tags or the right tags for your YouTube channel are the tags that bring value to your channel. Using the right tags for your channel is also a way to promote your YouTube channel.
Understand that tagging isn’t just about how you feel. You see this tag looks right or this tag looks good. But YouTube doesn’t think so. You have to rely on real factors and how the YouTube engine evaluates these tags.
You can use support tools to find the right tags for your channel. These tools will help you filter out tags that you may have missed with your channel.
Tips for tagging YouTube channels
You have understood the above and want to optimize your YouTube channel even better in tagging. Here are some tips for you.
- Eliminate unnecessary words from your tags: Try to shorten your tags. If you don’t know, articles, prepositions, and conjunctions won’t be noticed by YouTube’s algorithm.
- Use plural and singular numbers: You can increase the power of your tags by using both plural and singular tags. YouTube distinguishes between these two-word forms.
- Add more tags, but don’t overdo it: YouTube has no limit on the number of tags you can add to your channel. You can add a lot of tags but limit it to just enough.
For your YouTube channel to grow more and more widely and become viral on social networks, adding tags is paramount.
Besides other issues include introducing the channel, adding topics, video descriptions, etc., to optimize the channel’s SEO.
AdsCanHelp Hope the article How to add channel tags to your YouTube channel? Step by step will help you correctly add it to your phone and computer.
What are you waiting for without adding it to your videos? Good luck.